Earn Dai for Free with Coinbase
Dai is a different type of cryptocurrency named a stablecoin that aims to be worth exactly one US dollar.
Learn more about DAI with Coinbase and you’ll earn up to $20 in DAI.
How do I start earning?
- If you are logged in at Coinbase and eligible, you will be able to start earning crypto immediately.
- If you are logged in but you do not see the option to earn, please follow the instructions on the banner to complete setting up your account. Coinbase will email you if you are eligible. Note that this might take some time due to popular demand.
- Note that Coinbase Earn is only available on the web and the Android mobile app currently
- View earnings by going to the asset-specific wallet on Coinbase.com:
Accounts > Wallet
The tasks to earn DAI
Watch 3 beginner lessons and 1 advanced lesson to start learning about DAI. Each lesson takes just a few minutes to complete at the Coinbase DAI earn page.
- Lesson 1 What is DAI ?
Dai is a decentralized stablecoin running on the Ethereum blockchain. It aims to always be worth one US dollar.
- Lesson 2 What is Dai used for ?
There are many reasons to use Dai instead of dollars. It’s borderless, programmable, and collateralized. Plus it can be held in a crypto wallet — no bank account required.
- Lesson 3 How does Dai stay stable ?
Dai’s stable price is made possible by one of the world’s largest decentralized applications, an open source project called Maker.
- Lesson 4 Generate Dai with Maker
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to generate DAI by using Coinbase Wallet to open a Collateralized Debt Position (CDP) with Maker.
After each beginner lesson a simple multiple choice question will be asked, giving the correct answer will award you $2 in DAI and be paid directly to your DAI wallet at Coinbase. The 4th lesson which is an advanced lesson will grant you $14 in DAI making it a total of $20 you see for free.
Additional DAI Stablecoin info
Past 24h chart snapshot of DAI at 26 November 2019
Dai (DAI) is a decentralized stablecoin running on Ethereum (ETH) that attempts to maintain a value of $1.00 USD. Unlike centralized stablecoins, Dai isn’t backed by US dollars in a bank account. Instead, it’s backed by collateral on the Maker platform.
Note: if the Dai credit system is upgraded or shutdown, Dai holders may need to convert their Dai to Ethereum through the Maker platform.
Official DAI Links
There are many wallets with which to store and use DAI.
Always remember: if you do not control your private keys, you do not control your tokens. Every user should make sure to exercise extreme care and take all available safety precautions when entering private key information anywhere. Any party or software, such as a wallet, that gains knowledge of private key information will have access to the DAI controlled by the corresponding public key hash.
- Hardware Wallets: KeepKey, Ledger, Trezor
- Mobile Wallets: BRD, Celcius, DexWallet, Edge, Ethos Universal Wallet, Freewallet
- Mobile and Browser Wallets: AlphaWallet, Coinbase Wallet, imToken, Trust Wallet, Lumi
- Hybrid Wallets: Atomic Wallet, Exodus, Status.im, Zelcore
- Web Wallets: MyCrypto, MyEtherWallet
- Extension Wallets: MetaMask
- Paper Wallets: MyCrypto, MyEtherWallet
Earn more Dai by Holding Dai
In two clicks, secure your Dai and start to earn the Dai Savings Rate set by the Maker community.
Read more how to at the following links:
Earn DAI with the Maker Foundation Bounty Program
Users are strongly encouraged to perform their own due diligence before trusting third-party services listed above. Despite MakerDAO’s best efforts to provide a clean resource, given the nature of the cryptocurrency realm, scams do exist, and even great projects are frequently compromised.
The Maker Foundation grants program offers bounties to community members who bring attention to compromised third-party apps and services.
Did you join this airdrop ? Do you secure your DAI and earn more ? Let us know below in the comments.